Positive Psychology Applied to Institutions
Write a 4–6-page assessment in which you apply principles of positive psychology to a setting of your choice.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectGet Help Now!
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
- APA Paper Template.
- Research Guide – Psychology.
- Identifying Scholarly Resources.
- Using the APA Manual.
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Nelson, L. J., & Padilla-Walker, L. M. (2013). Flourishing and floundering in emerging adult college students. Emerging Adulthood, 1(1), 67–78.
- Schueller, S. M. & Parks, A. C. (2014). The science of self-help: Translating positive psychology research into increased individual happiness. European Psychologist, 19(2), 145–155.
- O’Brien, C. (2013). Happiness and sustainability together at last! Sustainable happiness. Canadian Journal of Education, 36(4), 228–256.
- Lyubomirsky, S., Sheldon, K. M., & Schkade, D. (2005). Pursuing happiness: The architecture of sustainable change. Review of General Psychology, 9(2), 111–131.
- O’Brien, C. (2012). Sustainable happiness and well-being: Future directions for positive psychology. Psychology, 3(12A), 1196–1201.
- Ben-Shahar, T. (2007). Happier: Learn the secrets to daily joy and lasting fulfillment. New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Chapter 6, “Happiness in Education.”
- Chapter 7, “Happiness in the Workplace.”
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the PSYC-FP4110 – Positive Psychology Library Guide to help direct your research.
Note: You are strongly encouraged to complete the assessments in this course in the sequence in which they are presented. You will need to complete Assessments 1–3 before beginning Assessment 4.
For this assessment, apply principles of positive psychology to a setting of your choice from the list below. Choose a setting for which you have a personal or professional interest, as this will strengthen the relevance of this assessment for you.
- Character Strengths in the Workplace.
- Positive Workplaces.
- Character Strengths and Mental health.
- Primary Prevention and Enhancement in Mental Health.
- Family-Centered Positive Psychology.
- Character Strengths in Positive Education.
- Positive Schools.
- Character Strengths and Health and Wellness.
Write a 4–6-page paper in which you provide the following. Use the APA Paper Template, available in the Resources, to properly format your assignment. Use the headings outlined below to organize your paper.
- Introduction – Write a description of the specific environment you are discussing and why you believe positive psychology principles could be of use in it. Include details of who is in the environment, where it is, and what people are doing in that setting.
- Applications of Positive Psychology – Write a detailed explanation of principles (for example, positivity, happiness, well-being) and concepts (for example, character strengths, flourishing, flow, gratitude) from positive psychology that are most relevant to the selected environment, and explain why.
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Positive Psychology Applications in this Setting – Write an assessment of the strengths and weaknesses (advantages and disadvantages, pros and cons) involved in the application of positive psychology principles and concepts in this setting.
- Research Supporting the Application of Positive Psychology in the Setting – Cite and apply scholarly research that supports the application of the positive psychology principles and concepts in this setting.
- Conclusion – Write a conclusion in which you summarize how the use of positive psychology principles and concepts in this setting may affect your current and future work life, health, education, or family.
Be sure to include supportive evidence from scholarly articles and to cite all scholarly sources where appropriate. Your writing should be scholarly and professional, using proper APA formatting and style.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length: Your paper should be 4–6 typed and double-spaced pages, not including cover sheet and reference page.
- References: Your paper should include 1–2 properly cited scholarly resources.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Buy an Essay Online from Professional Assignment Writers. All our papers are written from scratch. We work on all types of assignments -irrespective of their difficulty or academic level. We handle small and medium sized papers, a few pages long essays, research papers, as well as full-scale dissertations/theses and coursework.