SOC 262 Week 4 Assignment ( The Latino Hispanic Ethnic Group
The Latino/Hispanic Ethnic Group
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper, including the following:
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectGet Help Now!
The Latino/Hispanic group is the only ethnic category counted separately by the United States Census. According to the U.S. Census, a Latino/Hispanic person can be of any race. Describe the variability within the larger “Latin American” group, as defined by the U.S. Census, including the racial differences.
Include in the paper:
- When this census category became official (the first time it was used in the United States Census)
- At least five distinctive subgroups that belong under this broad category
- How people from Africa, both slaves and freemen, became part of the Latino population in Mexico, Central and South America, and the U.S.
- How Africans in Mexico, Central and South America were absorbed into the Hispanic population, while generally being kept separate in the U.S.
- How colorism affects membership within the Hispanic/Latino group today (i.e. a Mexican who is Black)
- The role of language
- The role of religion
- The role of culture
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your paper to the Assignment Files tab.
Buy an Essay Online from Professional Assignment Writers. All our papers are written from scratch. We work on all types of assignments -irrespective of their difficulty or academic level. We handle small and medium sized papers, a few pages long essays, research papers, as well as full-scale dissertations/theses and coursework.